Friday, July 27, 2007

From flaming to flames

Had to say it, because I think it's funny, and I'm a hag so I'm allowed.
Came from the Metro (karaoke night with Dannon and the rest of the regular crew) celebrating Leah's best friend Michael's recent success (record deal and moving to L.A.). Came back to a blocked-off street and finding out that my house and the house next door had essentially burned down.
My first email on the subject is below:

---------
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 6:34:27 -0400

I don't know how I keep getting these things thrown at me, but it's 6:15
a.m. and I haven't slept yet.
The basics
I came home from karaoke to find my entire neighborhood blocked off by
police and at least six or seven fire trucks. My house and two others
caught fire. Mine and the house next door were completely gutted.
Everything I own is gone. My dog and cat were killed. They're
investigating it, obviously, and arson is a possibility. Luckily, I
wasn't home at the time, but I am pretty devastated, more about my
animals than my stuff. It's truly horrible and I feel terrible.
Anyhow, all of the fire stuff wrapped up around 4 or 5, I don't know,
because we got ready to leave and found out that there was a police
chasing a suspect on foot, with police dogs, and the neighborhood was on
lockdown. We got pulled into a newsvan and pretty much have had nowhere
to go since.
So I'm now at starbucks, waiting for daylight so I can go back to the
house and see what, if anything, is salvagable. Then I will likely,
finally, go to sleep. So I'm not sure at what point I'll be in. I know
Kris has some things that need to be looked at pretty immediately. I
might try to swing by before I go to sleep.
My whole world is turned upside-down, though, right now and I really
can't guarantee anything.
Anyway, I just wanted you to know what was going on. That's all I know
right now. Please keep me in your prayers.
Thank you.

No comments: