Friday, July 27, 2007

Arson, insurance, etc.

I spoke to my ex-boyfriend, Micah, last night and there are a few updates.

1. From his conversation with investigators, it was almost certainly arson. A random arson that they don't think they'll probably be able to solve since there is so little physical evidence.

2. From his initial discussions with the insurance folks, nothing of mine will be covered by insurance. So that's a bit of a blow and something I'm going to have to look into with my attorney.

3. As we thought, absolutely NOTHING will be salvaged. The house is a complete loss and will likely be bulldozed. Everything inside, of course, was incinerated, and the few things that weren't will have too much smoke and/or water damage to salvage.

Still no update on the other family (what their situation is -- I know they were renting and I doubt they had renter's insurance; what they need, where they're staying, what size clothes they need or anything like that).

As for those of you who would like to help out, please contact one of the following people:

Anne-Marie Dezelan at annemarie@annieos-events.com
Jeanne Scheets (my boss at the Indiana Historical Society) at jscheets@indianahistory.org
or Mary Garrison at mary.garrison@intakeweekly.com

Officially I can begin moving into my new place in Broad Ripple this Wednesday, Aug. 1. Furniture donations can be dropped off there on or after that date and if you have anything that you'd like to be mailed there, that can be done as well. Just contact one of the people above for the mailing address.

Again, please keep the positive energy, thoughts and prayers coming my way (and toward my neighbors and Micah as well).

Massive thanks to all who are helping and giving support at this trying time. I'm still not sure it's even hit me yet, but I'm powering through.

No comments: